1. When he asked Herman Cain how he could support the Tea Party when it was racist
"How do you deal with that element in the Tea Party that is overtly racist?"
2. When he celebrated the Fourth of July by lamenting that King George III didn't prevail in the Revolutionary War
To Life, Liberty & Happiness - and deep, abiding regret that George III couldn't keep his s**t together. #July4— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) July 4, 2013
"To Life, Liberty & Happiness - and deep, abiding regret that George III couldn't keep his s**t together."
3. When he called Bill O'Reilly a d---
4. When he defended New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's soda ban
“I think people need the nanny state occasionally, particularly on issues like smoking, drinking, guzzling sodas that are too big for them, eating 16 Big Macs a day. Whatever it may be, the reality is we all need a little bit of nannying about us.”
5. When he asked New Jersey Chris Christie if he wanted to confess his sins to him
Christie's response? "You know, listen, any confessions I need to make, I'll make to my wife and to my priest, not on CNN to you, pal."
6. When he defended NBC's Bob Costas on gun control
“Quite incredible that Bob Costas makes an impassioned plea for less handguns, and Americans go crazy with indignation. He’s 100% right.”
7. When he falsely claimed that the Newtown shooter was an NRA member
8. When he called President Obama the 'perfect physical specimen'
"After the perfect Barack Obama, who's a perfect physical specimen to many people's eyes, does it matter?" Morgan asked his guest.
9. When he warned Jon Stewart that he might lose his job
If I were Jon Stewart, I'd stop obsessing with CNN and start worrying about the younger, funnier @iamjohnoliver getting his job....— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) September 18, 2013
10. When he falsely claimed that Virginia had the highest murder rate in the country
My apologies to @AWRHawkins - I wrongly stated on Tuesday‚Äôs show that Virginia had the highest murder rate in America in 2009. It didn‚Äôt.— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) August 15, 2013
11. When he said that Rep. Michele Bachmann's eyes were 'terrifying'
Michele Bachmann's eyes. Terrifying. #CNN— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) October 10, 2013
12. When he asked Rick Santorum's wife if her husband was 'anti-woman'
"If Rick Santorum becomes president, what does it mean for me? Is he, is he anti-women? Is he anti- us having contraception?"
13. When he suggested that Jerry Springer should run for office
"I'm seeing a stump speech here," he told Springer after the guest's political rant. "And you know what I'm seeing behind you? Probably, you know, 100,000 people somewhere in America. And you know what they're all doing when they're hearing you? 'Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!'"via Newsbusters
14. When he praised Jimmy Carter for his 'malaise' speech
"I mean, you were right then and you would be right to say that today, wouldn't you?"
15. When he praised Anthony Weiner as a likable, intelligent, very funny and charming
"I've seen him make speeches at big events where he's brought the house down and been very funny and very charming. And whenever I've had to deal with him myself, I've always liked the guy."
16. When he proclaimed that Eliot Spitzer was the 'Comeback Kid'
"This is all part of a comeback. You are the 'Comeback Kid.' Do you like being the 'Comeback Kid?' " Spoiler alert: He wasn't.
17. When he accused Republicans of misogyny for criticizing Susan Rice and Hillary Clinton
"I'm getting a little bit weary, I'll be honest with you, with the relentless attacks first on Susan Rice and now on Hillary Clinton. There's a — a whisper of misogyny to it."
18. When he said he never met any Latinos who can't dance
"By the way, I’ve never met any Latinos who can’t dance," Morgan said during an interview with Texas Rep. Joaquin Castro and his twin brother, San Antonio mayor Julian Castro.
19. When he smugly called the Constitution a 'little book' during an interview with Ben Shapiro
"You come in. You brandish your little book as if I don't know what's in there," Morgan sneered. "My little book? That's the Constitution of the United States. Our founding document, Piers," Shapiro shot back.
20. When he told Rihanna that she needed to grow her hair back
"ps I think Rihanna needs to grow her hair back. Fast."
21. When he flirted on television with U.S. women's soccer goalie Hope Solo
Hope Solo's reaction: "What, you're telling me you watched our final because I'm hot?"
22. When he berated a Second Amendment supporter as 'an unbelievably stupid man'
Morgan tore into guest Larry Pratt, the Executive Director of Gun Owners of America, calling him "an unbelievably stupid man" who's "dangerous," concluding the interview by saying, "You shame your country."
23. When he said Rush Limbaugh was 'too old and too boring'
24. When he suggested that it should be illegal for anyone under 25 to buy a gun
"Given the young ages of most mass/random shooters in America, I'd make it illegal for anyone under 25 to buy a gun of any kind."
25. When he called the Bible 'basically inherently flawed'
26. When he blasted the Constitution for not allowing Bill Clinton to be president for 30 years
"Why do we have this God damned Twenty-Second Amendment? Why couldn't Bill Clinton just run again and be President for the next 30 years?"
27. When he said that he was not part of the liberal media
"I'm not saying I'm the liberal media. I don't park myself in liberal or right-wing at all."
28. When he suggested that George Clooney might run for president
"Whenever I see George Clooney, I always get a sneaking feeling that we may one day be considering him as a serious candidate for president."
29. When he asked then-Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad about his love life
"How many times in your life, Mr. President, have you been properly in love?" How romantic.
30. When he told Andrew Breitbart that he was 'notoriously evil about almost everybody'
"Well, I don't think you know me, Piers Morgan. I think we've maybe spent eight seconds together," Breitbart replied.
31. When he floated his dream of doing a love scene with Jessica Alba
"So this year I would hopefully like to do a love scene with Jessica Alba."
32. When he said that Sen. Ted Cruz was 'crackers'
33. When he banned Dana Loesch from his show during a Twitter fight, and then asked her to come back
“I knew you couldn’t quit me, Piers,” Loesch told Morgan.
34. When he told Fox News reporter Megyn Kelly to 'bring it on' in the ratings race
35. When he got into a fight with transgender activists
I've never been subjected to the kind of nonsense that @janetmock and her supporters are accusing me of now...wish I'd never booked her.— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) February 5, 2014
36. When he asked Betty White to kiss his chubby fingers
“Oh, my God, this is the most erotic thing that's ever happened to me.”
37. When he said that the First Amendment shouldn't apply to Phil Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty'
Just as the 2nd Amendment shouldn't protect assault rifle devotees, so the 1st Amendment shouldn't protect vile bigots. #PhilRobertson— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) December 19, 2013
38. When he talked about the meaning of the 'N-word' and the word 'cracker' with George Zimmerman trial witness Rachel Jeantel
“Let’s talk about 'creepy ass cracker.' "