You can choose the size of the video you would like to embed below. Next, copy the embed code that is available in the box below. Paste this code on to your website to display the video.
If you experience problems embedding videos, please contact us.
January 23, 2014 AT 1:05 PM
Insurgents will continue to launch high-profile terrorist attacks like the one on a Kabul restaurant last week but the Taliban is losing most fights on the battlefield, a top U.S. commander in Afghanistan said Thursday. Army Lt. Gen. Mark Milley said "Their whole purpose is to create a perception, an atmosphere of fear and I would expect additional attacks like that." The attack on the Kabul restaurant last Friday killed 21 people, including 13 foreigners, many of whom were international aid workers. The Taliban rarely masses its forces in direct confrontation with Afghan soldiers, but it continues to launch suicide attacks and targeted assassinations.