Eight new Capital Bikeshare stations are coming to Alexandria.
The shiny red bikes will be available to use in early September, officials say, after all eight installations - which start Monday -- are completed.
The Alexandria City Council voted last year to add the stations as a pilot program, and officials will consider adding more stations if funds become available.
The new locations include:
• Prince Street/Union Street
• King Street/North Royal Street
• King Street/Sout Patrick Street
• Commerce Street/South Fayette Street
• North Saint Asaph Street/Pendleton Street
• North Henry Street/Pendleton Street
• Braddock Road Metro
• King Street-Old Town Metro
Capital Bikeshare already operates more than 175 stations and more than 1,600 bikes in the District and Arlington.