In an interview with Rolling Stone, President Obama reveals where he gets his news.
- New York Times columnists: "Krugman's obviously one of the smartest economic reporters out there," but "I also read some of the conservative columnists."
- A Handful of blogs: "Andrew Sullivan's on the Daily Beast being an example, that combine thoughtful analysis with a sampling of lots of essays that are out there."
- The New Yorker and The Atlantic: "still do terrific work"
- No cable news: "I don't watch a lot of TV news. I don't watch cable at all." (No Fox News)
- The Daily Show: "I think Jon Stewart's brilliant. It's amazing to me the degree to which he's able to cut through a bunch of the nonsense – for young people in particular, where I think he ends up having more credibility than a lot of more conventional news programs do."
- Major Newspapers: "I'll thumb through all the major papers in the morning. I'll read the Times and Wall Street Journal and Washington Post, just to catch up."
No mention of the Washington Examiner (not that we're surprised) or Politico.