According to reports, someone at the White House has used the biographies of past U.S. presidents to promote the current president. (Read the Examiner's Philip Klein: Obama vandalizes WH presidential biographies for more context)
That led several conservatives to post jokes on Twitter making it a Trending Topic nationally. Here are our top 10 favorites.
- 10. @bradcundiff George Washington cut down the cherry tree but Obama was there to catch it. #ObamaInHistory
- 9. @TheRealPebo: Hubert Schlafly invented the teleprompter in 1950 specifically designed to make Obama sound intelligent #ObamaInHistory
- 8. @politicalmath: Albert Einstein discovered relativity. But it was Obama who discovered it's political applications. #ObamaInHistory
- 7. @CuffyMeh: In 1803, Jefferson bought the Louisiana Purchase for $233 million in today's dollars, which Obama spent while you read this. #ObamaInHistory
- 6. @JonahNRO General Eisenhower invaded Europe. Historians rank this as almost as audacious as Pres. Obama's Bin Laden raid. #ObamaInHistory
- 5. @benshapiro: President Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War. President Obama ended the War on Terror. #obamainhistory
- 4. @LeviathanLeap: Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity so that Obama could create the Chevy Volt. #ObamaInHistory #tcot #dnc
- 3. @politicalmath Martin Van Buren was the first president born in the USA. Obama was also born in the USA. #ObamaInHistory
- 2. @DavidHogberg: #ObamainHistory Reagan said, "Gorbachev, tear down this wall." Obama showed up next day with a sledgehammer.
- 1. @bethanyshondark: On August 21, 1959 Hawaii became a state of the union so Obama would be eligible to be President. #ObamaInHistory