MontCo house fire causes
$1 million in damages
A fire destroyed a single-family home in Montgomery County and caused more than $1 million of damage, officials said.
Late Sunday night, firefighters went to a home on the 21100 block of Beallsville Road, not far from the Barnesville MARC station in the northern part of the county. The family had gotten out of the residence and called 911, said Assistant Chief Scott Graham of the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service.
When firefighters arrived, there was fire throughout the home, Graham said. No one was injured in the blaze, but the home was destroyed.
Damage to the structure and contents combined was estimated at more than $1 million, Graham said. The fire's origin and cause are under investigation.
D.C. carbon monoxide exposure
sends adult, child to hospitals
One adult and one child were taken to hospitals after exposure to a high level of carbon monoxide at a home in Northwest Washington, officials said.
About 1:20 p.m. Monday, D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel went to a home at 1162 First Place NW, in the Sursum Corda neighborhood. One adult was taken to a hospital in serious but stable condition, and an 8-year-old child was taken to a hospital in stable condition. Two other children were treated at the scene.
Battalion Chief Brian Lee said Monday afternoon he did not know what the cause of the carbon monoxide exposure was.
-- Naomi Jagoda