People magazine annually presents its most intriguing people issue. Taking the opposite approach for college football, what are the least intriguing bowl games -- ones not to circle on your calendar?
5. Russell Athletic: Rutgers (9-3) vs. Virginia Tech (6-6) » Former Big East foes who would rather be somewhere else. The Hokies had to surge just to reach their 20th straight bowl game. They're used to much better. Rutgers was thinking BCS bowl before losing its season finale to Louisville.
4. Liberty: Tulsa (10-3) vs. Iowa State (6-6) » The rematch America has been waiting for? This isn't exactly Alabama-LSU. The teams opened the season with a 38-23 Iowa State win in Ames. It's anyone's guess why they're playing again in Memphis.
3. Beef 'O' Brady's: Ball State (9-3) vs. Central Florida (9-4) » The Pinstripe Bowl in Yankee Stadium? Now, that's a cool idea. The Beef 'O' Brady's in St. Petersburg, Fla.? Not so much, especially when it matches obscure teams from non-BCS conferences.
2. Capital One: Georgia (11-2) vs. Nebraska (10-3) » Two conference title game losers that deserve better than a New Year's Day game in Orlando, Fla. Even worse for their fans, they'll have to sit through those Capital One barbarian commercials that guarantee to lower your IQ.
1. Orange: Northern Illinois (12-1) vs. Florida State (11-2) » Northern Illinois' loss to Iowa should have sent them to Detroit for the Little Caesars Bowl. Instead they get their 15 minutes in Miami. Maybe this matchup is what the ACC deserves after another dreadful year of mediocrity.
- Kevin Dunleavy