As the Washington Redskins gear up to face the Seattle Seahawks in the team's first playoff game since 2007, their fans are preparing for something almost equally as important: Where are they going to watch the showdown?
In the many bars and restaurants in the area, a few Redskins establishments stand out among the rest.
Looking for a traditional beer-and-wings game experience? Try the Capitol City Brewing Co., located at 1100 New York Ave. NW near Metro Center. General Manager Michael Susco says the bar is expecting a big crowd -- last week, it saw a surge in sales and expects the same for the Seahawks showdown.
For those who want to start the festivities a bit early, the restaurant serves brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., so fans can finish up their omelettes and Bloody Marys just in time to watch kickoff at 4:30 p.m.
To get away from the bar scene, head over to the Arlington Cinema N Drafthouse, at 2903 Columbia Pike in Arlington, to view the game on a movie-theater-size screen and get tableside restaurant service. Owner Greg Godbout said business at the Drafthouse has been up as the success of rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III and the Redskins team has revitalized local fans.
"The excitement of Redskins fans has been dormant for a long time, but this team with a seven-game winning streak has just turned us around," he said.
The success of the team this season has raised sales at Joe Theismann's Restaurant in Alexandria -- named after the famed Redskins quarterback -- General Manager Jordan Willis said, adding that crowds have been getting bigger by the week.
"Usually, as the Redskins go down, we go down," he said. "But last Sunday was packed in here, and we're looking forward to this Sunday."
The restaurant will offer a special tailgate menu for Sunday, which offers select items for $7.77, as "7" was the number worn by Theismann during his tenure with the team.
Here are some other establishments that typically draw big Redskins crowds and will be offering specials during the game:
• Touchdown Sports Bar: 1334 U St. NW. Hop in for happy hour during the game starting at 4 p.m., for 25 percent off draft beer and appetizers.
• The Greene Turtle: 601 F St. NW. Start off with appetizer specials and drink $2.50 22-oz. draft beers. Eat at the Greene Turtle in Fairfax or Ballston, as well.
• The Front Page: 1333 New Hampshire Ave. NW, in Dupont Circle. A brunch buffet will go from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and during the game grab $3.50 Miller Lites.
• BlackFinn American Saloon: 1620 I St. NW. Drink specials include $3.50 Budweiser and Bud Light drafts, or you can go big for $26 and get the Budweiser and Bud Lite Towers -- 132 oz. of beer on your table. There's also a Bethesda location.
• Grevey's Restaurant & Sports Bar: 8130 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church. The bar has 50 LCD and plasma HDTVs, as well as two large projection screens and personal TVs in every booth.
• The Barking Dog: 4723 Elm St., Bethesda. Get the $25 all-you-can drink Bud Light and all-you-can-eat wings and nachos during the game. Check out the College Park location, as well.