Buzzfeed’s Andrew Kaczynski scoops a copy of the hot upcoming book by Mark Leibovich, which reveals that the White House issued a memo titled “The Magic of Valerie” featuring personal details about Obama’s Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett.
From the book excerpt of the memo:
- The magic of Valerie is her intellect and her heart
- She is an incredibly kind, caring and thoughtful person with a unique ability to pinpoint the voiceless and shine a light on them and the issues they and the President care about with the ultimate goal of making a difference in people’s lives.
- Valerie is the perfect combination of smart, savvy and innovative.
- Valerie has an enormous capacity for both empathy and sympathy.
- She balances the need to be patient and judicious with the desire to get things done and work as hard as possible for the American people from the White House. To know what both drives Valerie Jarrett and why the President values her opinion so much, you benefit greatly from really getting to know the woman.
- Valerie is tapped in to people’s experiences, their good times and bad.
- She knows from her own life what it is like to believe and strive for your dreams.
- Valerie expects people to work their hearts out for the President and never forget where you work and the magnitude.
- Single mother, woman working to the top in a competitive male dominated world, African, working for change from the grassroots to big business.
- Valerie is someone here who other people inside the building know they can trust. (need examples.)
Leibovich’s book, “This Town” comes out on July 16th.