The Hill carries this story:
Blankfein supports financial reform legislation
By Vicki Needham - 04/27/10 06:45 PM ET
A financial regulatory reform bill has at least one supporter outside of Congressional Democrats, Lloyd Blankfein, the head of investment bank Goldman Sachs.
“I’m generally supportive,” Blankfein told the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
While this probably sounds odd or unlikely to those who follow the President’s and Sen. Dodd’s populist, bomb-throwing rhetoric, it’s nothing new for readers of the Washington Examiner. Here are some of my articles on this:
- “Obama brings purrs from Wall Street ‘fat cats’,” Dec. 16, 2009
- “Beware the Goldman Sachs populist,” Jan. 22, 2010.
- “Obama’s cronies thrive at the intersection of Wall and K,” Feb. 17.
- “Goldman rallies for Obama on Wall Street ‘reform’ ,” April 16.
- “Goldman Sachs wants regulation, not laissez-faire,” April 21.