Windsor is the owner of Miss Pixie's furniture shop on 14th Street -- a local landmark and, arguably the best place to find a vintage bar stool.
NUMBER OF YEARS IN D.C. AREA: 25
NEIGHBORHOOD: Adams Morgan
- Lisa Gartner
1. FAVORITE NEIGHBORHOOD HANGOUT
La Fourchette (2429 18th St. NW): great neighborhood spot for food and friends
2. BEST MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
Walking! You see so much more.
3. FAVORITE LOCAL SPORTS EVENT
Roller derby at the Armory, High Heel Race on 17th Street NW, and Nats baseball games
4. BEST PLACE FOR OUT-OF-TOWN VISITORS
The museums during the day, night clubs and restaurants on H Street NE, (Atlas District) at night
5. BEST PLACE FOR LIVE MUSIC
The 9:30 Club
6. FAVORITE MUSEUM
National Gallery, Hirshhorn, Corcoran Gallery or Textile Museum
7. MOST ROMANTIC SPOT
Early morning on the Tidal Basin during cherry blossom season
8. FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND A LAZY SUNDAY
At the beach, in the summer. Brunch or dinner at local restaurants.
9. FAVORITE RESTAURANT
Buck's Fishing & Camping in Tenleytown (5031 Connecticut Ave. NW) or Pearl Dive Oyster Palace (1612 14th St. NW)
10. BEST RETREAT OUTSIDE THE BELTWAY
Anywhere on the Eastern Shore near water! Rehoboth, Cambridge, West Virginia ...
11. BEST RETREAT INSIDE THE BELTWAY
My home filled with friends
12. BEST PLACE FOR LATE-NIGHT EATS
The Diner (2453 18th St. NW)
13. PROUDEST PART OF LIVING IN THE D.C. AREA
The diversity, and the music and arts scene. Nation's capital!
14. EMBARRASSING PART OF LIVING IN D.C. AREA
1. We are listed by Fortune 500 Magazine as the worst place in the country to start a small business.
2. Marion Barry
3. Traffic, poor drivers, inability to handle a simple snowfall!