It looks like Britney Spears is one step closer to having her freedom.
Jason Trawick, her fiance, was approved as her co-conservator by a Los Angeles judge, according to People magazine.
The request to make Jason a co-conservator with Britney’s father, Jaime Spears, was not Jason’s or Jamie’s idea, but Britney’s, Jason’s attorney said.
She added that Jamie was “thrilled” about the new agreement and that her affairs are now “all in the family.”
A source tells People that even under the conservatorship, Britney enjoys plenty of personal freedom and that the conservatorship is mostly in name only.
Per the agreement, Jason will not have any legal control over Britney’s multimillion-dollar fortune, which is still overseen by her father and an attorney.
Jason will likely have legal authority over Brit’s general well-being, including decisions about food, clothing and medical care.
The judge will be the one to decide if and when the conservatorship is ever lifted. Only after the judge is convinced — on the advice of the pop star’s doctors — that she’s healthy enough to manage her own affairs will it be discontinued, People says.
Mila calls rumors that she’s dating Ashton ‘absurd’
Mila Kunis must really be sick of the rumors that she and her former “That ’70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher are an item.
“A friend is a friend,” Mila told “Extra,” calling the speculation “absurd.”
“They’re both single, having fun,” a source told People. “There’s nothing serious going on — just friends having fun.”
Another source tells the New York Daily News that the pair have simply been friends for years, while others are saying Ashton has been crushing on Mila since their days of playing a couple on TV.
The two have been spotted out together numerous times in the past few weeks, sparking rumors that they’ve hooked up.
They’ve been furniture shopping, have been out to dinner, made coffee runs, spent time at Ashton’s house and took a three-day getaway to Carpinteria, Calif.
Keeping all that in mind, perhaps “absurd” isn’t the right word for all the rumors.
Ryan doesn’t miss a beat despite having stomach bug
Ryan Seacrest has kept his perfect attendance record on “American Idol” despite having a stomach bug this week.
The host hasn’t missed an “Idol” taping in the 11 years the show has been on the air, and he didn’t let illness keep him from appearing Wednesday night.
According to Today.com, pre-show rumors indicated he was too sick to take the stage and would be replaced by a substitute host (his rumored sub was executive producer Nigel Lythgoe).
Sources tell TMZ the host was sporting an IV in his arm and had been vomiting for days prior to the show. But like the true pro he is, Ryan didn’t miss a beat.