The NFC East rivalry between the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants began with a 31-31 tie in 1960. It's been much more lopsided of late, with the Giants winning five of the last six. Here are the best of the first 100 clashes before No. 101 matchup kicks off the 2012 NFL season Wednesday:
5. Sept. 15, 2003: Cowboys 35, Giants 32 OT » Kicker Billy Cundiff tied an NFL record with seven field goals in the game for Dallas, including a 52-yarder as time expired to send the game into overtime and a 25-yarder to win it.
4. Dec. 11, 2011: Giants 37, Cowboys 34 » The teams' second meeting last season put the Giants on the road to a Super Bowl with a 31-14 victory while ending the Cowboys' year. But the first meeting was more entertaining, capped by two New York touchdown drives in the final 3:41.
3. Dec. 17, 1995: Cowboys 21, Giants 20 » Dallas' win snapped a two-game skid and paved the way to winning Super Bowl XXX. Troy Aikman overcame a late interception with an even later drive that included a trio of third-down conversions before Chris Boniol's game-winning field goal.
2. Jan. 13, 2008: Giants 21, Cowboys 17 » During a regular season in which Tony Romo threw 36 touchdown passes, Dallas swept both meetings. But in the playoffs, Eli Manning was more efficient, with two TDs to one for Romo, who tossed an interception to end the game.
1. Jan. 2, 1994: Cowboys 16, Giants 13 OT » With both teams coming into the regular-season finale at 11-4 with a playoff bye on the line, Emmitt Smith overcame a shoulder injury to put up 229 all-purpose yards (168 rushing, 61 receiving). The Giants survived the wild card but went on to lose in the divisional playoffs while the Cowboys captured Super Bowl XXVIII.
- Craig Stouffer