ST. ALBANS, Vt. (AP) — Officials say it appears that a snowplow hit a propane tank, sparking a fire at a fuel company in the Vermont city of St. Albans.
Fire and police crews were on the scene Saturday morning at Liberty Propane and nearby residents were evacuated.
A police dispatcher says the propane was burned off and fire was out by noon. He says residents were able to return to their homes after air quality tests were completed.
Authorities say three apartments were damaged by water. Alternative housing is being found for those residents.