D.C. man pleads guilty to August murder in Northeast

By |
Local,DC,Crime,Naomi Jagoda

A District man pleaded guilty Tuesday to killing a man and shooting at a teenager in Northeast D.C. last year, prosecutors said.

Sean Carter, 22, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder while armed and assault with intent to kill in D.C. Superior Court. He is scheduled to be sentenced on April 12 and faces up to 45 years in prison.

Prosecutors said that Carter chased and shot at 22-year-old Bidley Warren and a male teenager in the 1000 block of Rhode Island Avenue NE on Aug. 23, 2012.

When Warren tripped and fell, the other victim stopped to check on him. Carter fired at the teen again, nearly hitting his head. The teenager, who was not hit by gunfire, ran away.

Carter then stood over Warren and shot him in the head, prosecutors said. Warren died a short time later at a hospital.

Witnesses identified Carter as the shooter. After the incident, Carter fled to Atlanta, where U.S. Marshals apprehended him on Oct. 2. The next day, Carter admitted to the shooting.

njagoda@washingtonexaminer.com

View article comments Leave a comment
Author:

Naomi Jagoda

Staff reporter
The Washington Examiner