District officials have reported nearly 20 robberies throughout the city since Saturday evening, including five in Northwest Washington, the site of most of the weekend's inauguration festivities.
Although police offered few details about the incidents, they said attacks took place in all four quadrants.
NortheastSClB- 4500 block of East Capitol Street NE
- Sixth and F streets NESClB- 1300 block of Staples Street NE
- 1300 block of Florida Avenue NE
- Unit block of N Street NESClB- Kenilworth Avenue and Douglas Street NE
- 1000 block of Otis Place NE
- 900 block of Eastern Avenue NE
NorthwestSClB- 18th Street and Florida Avenue NW
- 1700 block of Lanier Place NWSClB- 1600 block of R Street NW
- 6700 block of Second Street NW
- 15th and Euclid streets NW
- 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue SE
- 3200 block of Wheeler Road SE
- 4300 block of Chaplain Street SESClB- Eighth Street and North Carolina Avenue SE
- 1400 block of James Creek Parkway SW
D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray told The Washington Examiner on Sunday afternoon that police were investigating and that he didn't believe the sudden uptick was linked to the inauguration.