Girl gets entangled in window cords, dies in Md.

|
Local,DC

SUITLAND, Md. (AP) — Prince George's County fire officials say a 6-year-old girl has died after becoming entangled in window cords.

Officials say the child was found unconscious in a Suitland home on Saturday after getting caught up in cords attached to window coverings.

A family member tried reviving the child as did emergency workers. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The child's name was not immediately released.

Officials say children ages 5 and under are especially vulnerable to strangulation by window covering strings and cords.

View article comments Leave a comment

More from washingtonexaminer.com