Lanham fire displaces two residents

|
Local,Crime,Ben Giles

A Friday evening house fire in Lanham displaced two residents, according to authorities.

The fire started at about 5 p.m. at a home on the 6200 block of 87th Avenue, according to Prince George's Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady. The fire was caused by an electrical issue in the kitchen, where the tenants were having work done on a kitchen ceiling light earlier Friday afternoon, Brady said.

No one was injured in the blaze, but the fire did cause about $25,000 in damage, according to Brady.

bgiles@washingtonexaminer.com

View article comments Leave a comment