A 59-year-old man is in serious condition after he was rescued from inside an apartment building that was on fire Friday night.
Montgomery County Fire and Safety officials said the fire started in an apartment complex in the 8600 block of Carroll Avenue in Silver Spring at about 7 p.m. on Friday. They believe the cause of the fire was an unattended pot on a stove in one of the apartments.
Six units were damaged and about 10 people were displaced as a result of the fire, which caused an estimated $500,000 in damage.
The man, who officials have not identified, was transported to a local hospital.