Comments on:

Menorah fire displaces 9 University of Maryland students

Back to the article » |
Nine University of Maryland students were displaced by a fire that appears to have been started by an unattended Hanukkah menorah, Prince George's county fire officials said. About 6:50 p.m. Monday, firefighters were alerted to a fire at an off-campus apartment in the 4200 block of Knox Road. Firefighters quickly extinguished flames in the kitchen of a second-floor unit. The residents told...

To learn more about commenting on WashingtonExaminer.com and our community guidelines, please see our comments FAQ.