Share

Comments on:

Montgomery County would get less than expected from gas tax plan

Back to the article » |
The 6 percent sales tax on gasoline proposed by Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley would not give Montgomery County as much transportation money as county lawmakers had hoped.The tax, phased in at 2 percent a year for three years, is expected to generate $613 million annually if approved, 80 percent of which would help replenish the state's depleted transportation trust fund. The other 20 percent...

To learn more about commenting on WashingtonExaminer.com and our community guidelines, please see our comments FAQ.