POLITICS: Campaigns

Nate Silver: 60 percent chance of Republicans taking control of the Senate


ABC US News Beltway Confidential,Opinion,Charlie Spiering,Senate,Republican Party,2014 Elections,Campaigns

FiveThirtyEight's Nate Silver joined ABC's "This Week" on Sunday to share his 2014 Senate prediction, saying Republicans have about a 60 percent chance of winning a Senate majority.

Silver put Arkansas, Louisiana, and North Carolina at the top of his list of seats Republicans have a good chance of winning in November.

He also pointed out that Republicans would be competitive in blue states such as Alaska, Michigan, Colorado and Iowa.

ABC's Jonathan Karl explained for the "math-impaired" that Silver's model predicted a 60 percent chance that Republicans would take the Senate, while Democrats only had a 40 percent chance of keeping it.

View article comments Leave a comment