Share

Paul McCartney treated in hospital for virus

|
Photo - FILE - In this Jan. 27, 2014 file photo, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr perform at The Night that Changed America: A Grammy Salute to the Beatles,  in Los Angeles. McCartney has canceled his concert in South Korea next week due to the virus-caused illness that forced him to call off his entire Japan tour, organizers said Wednesday, May 21, 2014. The former Beatle, who turns 72 next month, had planned to hold concerts in Japan and South Korea as part of his world tour. (Photo by Zach Cordner/Invision/AP, File)
FILE - In this Jan. 27, 2014 file photo, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr perform at The Night that Changed America: A Grammy Salute to the Beatles, in Los Angeles. McCartney has canceled his concert in South Korea next week due to the virus-caused illness that forced him to call off his entire Japan tour, organizers said Wednesday, May 21, 2014. The former Beatle, who turns 72 next month, had planned to hold concerts in Japan and South Korea as part of his world tour. (Photo by Zach Cordner/Invision/AP, File)
News,Entertainment,World,Music

LONDON (AP) — Paul McCartney's spokesman says the former Beatle is on the mend after being treated in a Tokyo hospital for a virus.

Thursday's statement from publicist Stuart Bell says McCartney "will make a complete recovery and has been ordered to take a few days' rest."

The 71-year-old McCartney has postponed planned shows in Tokyo and Seoul since falling ill last week. His "Out There" world tour is scheduled to resume next month in the United States.

Bell said: "Paul has been extremely moved by all the messages and well wishes he has received from fans all over the world."

View article comments Leave a comment