A dozen 2-year-olds have been taken to the hospital after they were stung by bees during a fire drill.
The pre-schooler class at the Temple Emanuel school in Kensington went outside for the drill around 10 a.m. Monday when they were attacked by a swarm of bees.
None of the children were seriously injured, but rescue crews took them to a hospital as a precaution, said Assistant Chief Scott Graham, a Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman. There was no indication that any of the children were allergic to the stings.
Dianne Neiman, the executive director of the temple at 10101 Connecticut Ave., had no comment.