Prince George's County firefighters battled a blaze at a Brentwood home so full of the owner's belongings that they had to use foam to extinguish the fire.
At about 5:45 p.m. Friday, firefighters were called to a fire at a two-story duplex in the 3400 block of Webster Street with fire on both floors of the home.
Fire officials said the home had Class A combustibles -- such as plastic materials and cloth -- stacked from floor to ceiling. Firefighters evacuated the house for their own safety, and then utilized foam to extinguish the fire. Foam coats materials fueling to a fire and smothers the blaze.
The owner evacuated the house without harm and the incident is under investigation. Officials estimate the fire loss is about $25,000.