Masked protesters clashed with police in eastern Caracas on Monday night following a resumption of anti-government protests. (April 1)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Caracas, Venezuela - March 31, 2014
1. Wide of masked protesters celebrating after they set fire to police motorcycle
2. Various of motorcycle on fire
3. Pan of water cannon being used against protesters
4. Wide of protester throwing tear gas canister back at police
5. Riot police firing tear gas at protesters
6. Wide of tear gas smoke in street
7. Various of armed police officers
8. Mid of police officer kicking a tear gas canister
9. Various of protesters surrounded by tear gas
10. Wide of police advancing up street
11. Mid of police officers shooting rubber bullets toward protesters while hiding behind wall
Masked protesters clashed with police in eastern Caracas on Monday night following a resumption of anti-government protests.
Protesters cheered as they set fire to a police motorcycle and launched rocks and bottles at officers in the neighborhood of Chacao.
Police deployed a water cannon and used tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse the protesters.
Street protests against the government had been suspended a few weeks ago in anticipation of possible dialogue between the authorities and the opposition.
Venezuela has been shaken by a month and a half of demonstrations by students and the mainly middle class opposition, protesting against high inflation, shortages and crime.