Spring has officially started in Japan after scientists declare that the cherry blossom has opened. (March 25)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Tokyo - March 25, 2014
1. Tight cherry blossom in park
2. Mid tilt up from men in park to cherry blossom trees
3. Mid woman taking photo of blossom
4. Wide people in park walking past cherry blossom
5. Various of people taking photos of cherry blossom
6. Tight of blossom
Residents of Tokyo were enjoying the cherry blossom in the parks of the Japanese capital on Tuesday.
Japan's Meteorological Agency announced the trees had begun to bloom on Tuesday afternoon, nine days later than last year but one day earlier than the average.
People lined Ueno Park in downtown Tokyo to enjoy the trees, and many snapped pictures of the pink blossom on their phones.
The blossoming of the trees marks the beginning of spring, and they are expected to reach full bloom next week.