Israeli troops continued to pull back from the Gaza border on Wednesday as a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas that ended a month of fighting is holding for a second day. (Aug. 6)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Southern Israel - 6 Aug 2014
1. Truck carrying tank away
2. Various of Israeli troops putting bags into boot and boarding bus
3. Various of tanks and soldiers on border
4. Barrier with graffiti reading (Hebrew): "We want home" ,"Tired"
5. Tracking shot through armored personnel carriers (APC), soldiers sitting around
6. Soldier talking on tank telephone
7. Tank grouping, Israeli flag flying
8. Soldiers standing by APC with Israeli flag
9. Various of tanks on border and soldiers standing by
Israeli troops continued to pull back from the Gaza border on Wednesday as a cease-fire between Israel and Hamas that ended a month of fighting was holding for a second day.
Tanks were seen being moved away from the southern Israel border with Gaza, and soldiers boarded buses to go home.
The cease-fire is the longest lull in a war that has killed nearly 1,900 Palestinians and almost 70 Israelis.
In the coming days negotiations are due to take place in Cairo on a long-term truce and a broader deal for the war-ravaged Gaza Strip.
The Palestinian delegation is composed of negotiators from all major factions, including Hamas, the militant group that controls Gaza.
Names of those in the Israeli team have not been disclosed.