In Chile's capital Santiago, a May Day march that started out peacefully ended with some hooded protesters clashing with riot police. (May 1)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Santiago, Chile - 1 May 2014
1. Wide of people marching to mark May Day
2. Various of people marching, holding red flags
3. Motorbikes burning in the middle of street
4. Police armored vehicle firing tear gas as it speeds along road, second armored vehicle uses water cannon to hose flaming debris
5. Hooded protester jumps up to remove a security camera from building
6. Wide of protesters on street, tear gas
7. Mid of riot police running
8. Tracking shot of a person being detained and put into police vehicle
In Chile's capital Santiago, a May Day march that started out peacefully ended with some hooded protesters clashing with riot police.
Police used a water canon truck and tear gas to disperse protesters who burned debris on the streets and were seen vandalizing some property.
Thousands of workers across Latin America marked International Workers' Day on Thursday with marches asking for fair wages and decent jobs.