Rock-throwing Palestinians clashed with Israeli forces in the West Bank early on Wednesday, amid continuing violence between Israel and Hamas in Gaza. (July 9)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Near Bet El, West Bank - July 9, 2014
1. Mid of fire, Israeli security forces firing riot dispersal rounds in background
2. Wide of Palestinian protesters throwing stones
3. Mid of crowd with ambulance in background UPSOUND: sirens
4. Wide of scene with tear gas billowing
5. Injured person being carried to ambulance
6. Mid of protest
7. Fire blazing
8. Tree on fire
9. More of protest, Palestinian throwing stones
10. Mid of smouldering tyre
11. Wide of protest
Rock-throwing Palestinians clashed with Israeli forces in the West Bank early on Wednesday, amid continuing violence between Israel and Hamas in Gaza.
Dozens of Palestinians hurled rocks and set tyres alight while Israeli forces responded using riot dispersal rounds. The protest took place near the Bet El settlement and was meant to show solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza.
The number of injured people was unclear, although at least one person could be seen being carried into an ambulance.
Tuesday saw Israel launch its largest offensive in the Gaza Strip for nearly two years, carrying out a aerial assault on scores of targets and killing 25 people in what officials called an open-ended operation aimed at ending weeks of heavy rocket fire.