Candles arranged on the floor of a church in Kuala Lumpur spelt out "MH17" in tribute to Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, as people quietly prayed for passengers on board a Malaysian jetliner shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine. (July 18)
RESTRICTION SUMMARY: AP CLIENTS ONLY
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
1. People praying at church candlelight vigil
2. Screen reading (English): "Pray for MH17"
3. People praying
4. Low angle of candles arranged on floor with people praying in background
5. Focus pull of candle arrangement reading (English): "MH17"
6. Church altar and screen in background
7. Newspaper cutting left at bottom of altar reading (English): "MH17 down"
8. Closes of hands clasped in prayer
9. Various of people praying
10. Focus pull of candles
11. Candle arrangement reading (English): "MH17"
Around a dozen people in Kuala Lumpur held a small candlelight vigil on Friday for the passengers on board a Malaysian jetliner that was shot down over eastern Ukraine.
Candles arranged on the floor of a church in the centre of the Malaysian capital spelt out "MH17" in tribute to Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, as people quietly prayed for the 298 people who died in the crash.
Just four months earlier, a Malaysia Airlines plane (flight MH370) carrying 239 people disappeared after taking off from Kuala Lumpur.
While over the sea east of Malaysia, the plane made a sharp turn, crossed the Malaysian Peninsula and turned south over the Indian Ocean.
In late June, Australian officials said investigators believe MH370 flew on autopilot for hours before running out of fuel and crashing at sea.