Palestinian protesters continued to clash with Israeli soldiers at the Qalandia checkpoint, near the West Bank city of Ramallah. (July 24)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Qalandia, West Bank - July 24, 2014
1. Top shot of thousands of Palestinians protesting against Israeli military action in Gaza, large fire seen near centre of the crowd, AUDIO: Fireworks
2. Fireworks exploding above protesters
3. Burning tyres in street; protesters chanting (Arabic) "God is the greatest"; AUDIO: Fireworks
4. Protesters in street, one carrying a tyre
5. Silhouette of protesters and large tyre fire in background
6. Top shot of protesters, AUDIO: Sirens
7. Fireworks exploding in sky
8. Various of protesters, some throwing stones
9. Protesters chanting (Arabic) "With blood and soul we will redeem you Qassam" (referring to Izzedine al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas' military wing); fire and smoke from tyre fire in background
10. Palestinian protesters throwing stones
11. Soldiers at checkpoint, small fire burning
12. Protester firing fireworks toward soldiers
13. Various of fireworks
Palestinian protesters continued to clash with Israeli soldiers in the early hours of Friday morning at the Qalandia checkpoint, near the West Bank city of Ramallah.
The clashes erupted after thousands of Palestinians marched to the checkpoint to protest against Israeli military action in Gaza.
At least one Palestinian was killed and dozens were injured in the clashes, a Palestinian doctor said.
Fighting was fierce across Gaza on Thursday, and at least 119 Palestinians were killed, making it the bloodiest day of the 17-day war.
That raised the overall Palestinian death toll to at least 803, according to Gaza health officials.
Israel has lost 32 soldiers, all since 17 July, when it widened its air campaign into a full-scale ground war.
Two Israeli civilians and a Thai worker in Israel have also been killed by rocket or mortar fire.