The pro-Russia rebel commander Arsen Pavlov, who has been involved in the recent fighting in eastern Ukraine, married his sweetheart Elena Kolenkina in Donetsk on Friday. (July 11)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Donetsk, Ukraine - 11 July 2014
1. Couple enters the room
2. Rebel flags and symbols on wall
3. Couple looking at wedding official
4. Wedding official speaking
5. Musician playing keyboard
6. Wedding official giving rings to the couple, bridegroom puts the ring on the bride's finger
7. Bride puts ring on bridegroom's finger
8. The couple kisses UPSOUND applause
9. Wedding official pronounces them husband and wife
10. Onlookers cheering and applauding
11. The married couple drinking champagne
12. Rebel outside the marriage office
13. Close up of rebel's gun
14. Married couple leaving the marriage office
15. Crowd gathered outside
16. Married couple walking down stairs and approaching car
17. Rebel sniper sits outside building
18. Couple look out of car
19. The car carrying the couple departs
The pro-Russia rebel commander Arsen Pavlov, who has been involved in the recent fighting in eastern Ukraine, married his sweetheart Elena Kolenkina in Donetsk on Friday.
The wedding was attended by armed rebels, including Igor Girkin, a Russian better known by his assumed nom de guerre Strelkov, who is also the defense minister of the so-called Donetsk People's Republic.
The rebels, including the groom, attended the event dressed in military uniforms.
Some separatists held guns in their arms during the entire ceremony, which was conducted under the laws of the self-proclaimed independent Donetsk People's Republic.