Taliban insurgents staged a multi-pronged attack on a police station on Thursday in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, according to a local police official. (March 20)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Jalalabad, Afghanistan - 20 March 2014
1. Afghan security forces firing from vehicle
2. Various of Afghan security forces moving towards building
3. Afghan security forces trying to enter building
4. Military vehicle driving on road
5. Wide of road where fighting was taking place
6. Afghan security forces on rooftop
7. Various of building under attack by Taliban fighters
8. Various of armed security officers
9. Debris on road
10. Smoke rising from building
11. Broken glass on pavement
Taliban insurgents staged a multi-pronged attack on a police station on Thursday in the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, according to a local police official.
The insurgents used a suicide bomber and gunmen to lay siege to the station, killing one police officer and injuring 10 civilians.
Police spokesman Hazrat Hussain Mashrakiwal said the attack early in the morning took place outside a police station, located near the palatial residence of the provincial Governor Gul Aga Sherzai.
The nearby state radio and television station was heavily damaged in the explosion.