Tesla Motors made its first delivery in China on Tuesday, handing over eight all-electric sedans to eager customers at a launch event in Beijing. (April 22)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Beijing, China - April 22, 2014
1. Tesla chief executive and co-founder Elon Musk walks on stage at Tesla China delivery event
2. Pan down from supercharger to Tesla car model S being charged
3. Musk shaking hands with first Chinese owner of Tesla car
4. Musk's hands holding keys to Tesla car
5. Musk handing car keys to first Chinese owner of Tesla car
6. Various close-ups of Tesla model S
7. Pan left of Tesla model S to customers
8. Tracking shot of Tesla model S cars on display
9. Mason Xu, one of the first customers of Tesla China car, getting into his new model S
10. Close of car interior and dashboard display
11. Pan down from Mason Xu to front of model S
Tesla Motors made its first delivery in China on Tuesday, handing over eight all-electric sedans to eager customers at a launch event in Beijing.
Customers were handed the keys to the nation's first Model S sedans at a brief ceremony at the company's office, also the site of its first charging station.
Tesla previously announced a 121-thousand US dollars price tag for its Model S sedan in China.
It explained taxes and shipping charges accounted for the difference with its US price tag of 81-thousand dollars.
Chief executive and company co-founder Elon Musk announced the company planned to build a nationwide network of charging stations and service centres as fast as it could, so that anyone who became the owner of a Tesla in China "had a great experience".
He said the California-based company probably would invest several hundred (M) million dollars in charging infrastructure in China.
Musk is a South African, American entrepreneur and inventor, who is also known for founding "Space X", a space exploration technologies company, and global e-commerce business PayPal.