A family from Mosul treks to a neighboring refugee camp in fear of the ongoing counter assaults between militants and Iraqi government forces. (June 23)
AP TELEVISION - AP CLIENTS ONLY
Khabat, Iraq - June 22, 2014
1. Wide, refugee camp
2. Mid, Adnan Mohammed Jamel in line at refugee camp
3. Mid, Jamel at refugee camp with family on ground
4. Wide, Jamel standing with family at camp
5. Mid, wife with children at camp
6. SOUNDBITE (English) Adnan Mohammed Jamel, Refugee (Transcript Below)
7. Mid, men selling goods at refugee camp
8. Mid, tracking shot of Mohammed walking in refugee camp
9. Mid, pan down of Mohammed signing documents at refugee camp
10. Wide, low angle shot of Mohammed buying mattresses for family
11. Mid, Mohammed buying supplies for family
12. Mid, child at refugee camp on mattress
13. Mid, Mohammed's children on mattress
14. Close, baby on mattress
15. Close, Mohammed's face
16. Mid, Mohammed's family inside camp
17. Mid, Mohammed standing at camp
18. Mid, refugee tents at sunset
19. Wide, Sun setting over mountains
AS SUNNI MILITANTS CONTINUE THEIR OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE IRAQI GOVERNEMENT
THOUSANDS OF IRAQIS ARE SEEKING REFUGE.
ADNAM MOHAMMED JAMEL AND HIS FAMILY ARE AMONG THEM.
THE 74-YEAR OLD CARPENTER AND HIS WIFE AND FOUR CHILDREN ARRIVED AT A REFUGEE CAMP BETWEEN MOSUL AND ERBIL ..
(Nats of refugee)
HE SAYS THEY'VE BEEN AT THE CAMP FOR SEVEN DAYS.
THEY FLED OUT OF FEAR FROM THE BOMBINGS OF THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT AND WALKED FOR 16 HOURS TO REACH ANOTHER VILLAGE - FROM THERE THEY MOVED ON TO THE KHAZER CHECKPOINT.
MATTRESSES AND COOKING GEAR ARE BEING HANDED OUT TO FAMILIES AT THE CAMP ...
CONDITIONS ARE TOUGH, AND MOHAMMED'S FAMILY GOT AN ADDED BLOW WHEN THEY HEARD OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS WERE KILLED IN A BOMBING.
MOHAMMED IS NOT A GOVERNMENT SUPPORTER HOWEVER.
HE'S A SUNNI, AND HE BELIEVES THAT ISIL WILL PROTECT HIS FAMILY IN THE FUTURE.
HE WANTS AN END TO THE SHIA AL-MALIKI GOVERNMENT AND WANTS THE REVOLUTIONARIES TO "GET POWER AND FREE THE AREA."
SIGOUT - Emily Roseman/Associated Press