“As you know, you don’t take a knife to a gunfight. Well, this president’s taken a paintball gun to a gunfight. It looks pretty, but it’s not going to accomplish anything.”
- Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas
Fear the government
"I look into the eyes of senators and I think I see real fear. Maybe it’s just my imagination, but I think I perceive fear of an intelligence community drunk with power, unrepentant, and uninclined to relinquish power.”
- Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.
“I’m sure somebody would ask me to pay down more of the federal debt. Michelle might want a few shoes.”
- President Obama says what he'd do if he won Warren Buffett's billion-dollar NCAA bracket challenge
"The president held a phone conference with European leaders over Ukraine … it was the first time they knew he was listening."
- "Tonight Show" host Jimmy Fallon
"That's the beauty of me. Everybody looks at me and sees something different."
- Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J., when asked if he's a moderate
"We nag you because we love you. Go to healthcare.gov and enroll today."
- First lady Michelle Obama
Treat them like adults
"You know, I think young people can do without the condescension and patronizing from Washington."
- Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas
Shame on you
“And Russia, Russia stood alone, naked in front of the world for the aggression they had undertaken.”
- Vice President Joe Biden talks about Russia's actions in Ukraine