5. 1986 Boston Celtics (15-3) ?» Larry Bird's final title team was overpowering offensively; five players averaged at least 15 points in the postseason. Only Hakeem Olajuwon's Rockets took more than one game.
4. 1983 Philadelphia 76ers (12-1) ?» The 76ers didn't have to go four rounds and turned it on after being in cruise control for the final month of the regular season. Their only loss came vs. Milwaukee in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals.
3. 1991 Chicago Bulls (15-2) » To get Michael Jordan his first NBA title, the Bulls swept reigning champ Detroit and dropped two games by two points apiece. After losing Game 1 of the finals to the Lakers, the Bulls' average margin of victory in the next four was 12.8 points.
2. 1996 Chicago Bulls (15-3) » The record says this team wasn't as great in the postseason as in 1991. But after a record-setting 72-10 regular season, the lone loss before the finals came in overtime, and both in the finals came after the Bulls went up 3-0 vs. the Sonics.
1. 2001 Los Angeles Lakers (15-1) ?» En route to the second of three straight titles for Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant, the Lakers' only loss came in overtime in Game?1 of the finals against the 76ers. Los Angeles won nine times by double digits and all of its games by an average of 14.0 points.
- Craig Stouffer