The Mariners' Felix Hernandez pitched the third perfect game of 2012 following gems by the White Sox's Philip Humber and the Giants' Matt Cain. Do any of them rank with these legendary perfect games?
5. Randy Johnson (2004) » Fourteen years after he pitched a no-hitter that included six walks, "The Big Unit" fanned 13 in his perfect game, a 2-0 win over a Braves team that included Julio Franco, Chipper Jones, Andruw Jones and J.D. Drew.
4. Sandy Koufax (1965) » The Dodgers pitcher fired no-hitters in each of the previous three years, then threw a perfect game against the Cubs. His 14 strikeouts are the most in a perfect game, though Cain matched that this year.
3. Addie Joss (1904) » The Cleveland pitcher fanned only three in his 1-0 win over Chicago. But how about this for efficiency? Joss needed just 74 pitches and allowed only four balls to be hit out of the infield, inducing five ground balls to himself.
2. Harvey Haddix (1959) » The Pirates hurler went 12 perfect innings before giving up a walk, a hit and a run in the 13th, losing to the Braves and Lew Burdette, who scattered 12 hits in 13 innings.
1. Don Larsen (1956) » The mother of all perfect games came in the fifth game of the World Series, a 2-0 win over a Dodgers team loaded with Hall of Famers -- Roy Campanella, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese and Jackie Robinson.
- Kevin Dunleavy