If it's crazy that James Madison has racked up 97 points in its last two games, consider that No. 9 West Virginia has 139, including last season's 70-33 Orange Bowl victory. The FCS-contending Dukes will look to upset the Mountaineers on Saturday at FedEx Field. Here are the stars to watch for:
5. Dae'Quan Scott, RB, James Madison » The CAA offensive player of the week is doubtful for the Dukes with an ankle injury suffered last weekend against Alcorn State. The junior tailback leads JMU with 180 rushing yards, 90 receiving yards and five touchdowns.
4. Shawne Alston, RB, West Virginia » Last season Alston finished tied for first in touchdowns (12) but second in rushing (416 yards). Coming off two touchdowns in the Orange Bowl, he put up two more and a career-best 123 yards against Marshall, nudging him ahead of Andrew Buie as the No. 1 tailback.
3. Isaiah Bruce, LB, West Virginia ?» While the Mountaineers' offense racked up points against the Thundering Herd, the defense allowed a whopping 545 yards. Bruce, a redshirt freshman, led the team with 16 tackles, showing just how inexperienced the group is.
2. Justin Thorpe, QB, James Madison » After having his 2011 season derailed by a university suspension for allegedly failing a drug test, the redshirt senior is back to his dual-threat best with 317 yards passing, 177 yards rushing and six total touchdowns (three rushing, three passing).
1. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia ?» The Heisman Trophy candidate couldn't have started his campaign better. He completed 32 of 36 passes and finished with 323 yards, four touchdowns and no interceptions despite not playing most of the fourth quarter against Marshall.
- Craig Stouffer